Kiwimerino IS CONCERNED ABOUT PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO HONOURING THE PRIVACY OF VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE.
This policy sets out how we handle email addresses, clickstream data and cookies. You have the right to access, edit and request deletion of any personal information concerning you, pursuant to the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Personal information is collected in a wide array of ways. For example, when you:
- create an online profile/account
- make a purchase
- participate in an online competition
- redeem an online offer/coupon
- register to our email marketing database
- call or otherwise communicate with us.
Note: Electronic mail submitted to Kiwimerino is handled and saved per the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information collected on you may include:
- Your name
- Email address
Note: We will only record your email address if you subscribe to any of our services. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will not use your email address or any of your personal details for any other purpose without your consent and we will not disclose your email address without your consent.
- Phone numbers
- Physical and postal addresses (including addresses that you select to ship gifts to.
- Other contact or demographic data (e.g. clickstreams)
Clickstreams are the paths a user takes when navigating a web page or the internet in general. When you visit our website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s assigned IP address, the user’s top-level domain name (for example .co.nz, .gov, .com.au, .uk, etc), the data and time and duration of visit to the site, and the type of browser and operating system used. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
This is not an exhaustive list but outlines common data provided and stored.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Improve our website
- Provide a speedier checkout process
- Process and send online orders (including any shipping confirmations, invoices, updates, recall notices and support messages)
- Provide customers service (e.g. answer queries or comments)
- Send you news, product updates, or promotions
- Process competition entries
- Issue discount coupons
WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through our website with third parties except as otherwise disclosed to you on our website. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- When you give us your consent to do so (e.g. if competition entry states that entrant information will be provided to a third party).
- If you post comments or information in a public domain (e.g. a product review, Facebook post, etc.)
- If we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, respond to an emergency or investigate fraud
- When we share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, this website does not record/store credit card details. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us.